Friday, November 23, 2012

ENGAGED!

I'm getting married, it's true! I have been engaged for 2 weeks now :). Chris came home from his hunting trip with his dad in MI - dropped on one knee and asked me to marry him :). 

It was so sweet, we were on the phone the whole time he was on his way home - finally, he told me he had about an hour to go before he would reach the house. Little did I know he was passing the house as he said it and on his way to my parent's house to ask my dad for his permission to marry me!

I remember him telling me he had a present for me, and asked if I wanted it then or later - I of course told him I wanted it now! He then paused for a second, took in a deep breath, and dropped down on one knee and held open a velvety black box with the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen! My chest broke out in hives, I cried some more, and we slipped the ring on my finger!.

I am the happiest woman - I remember my heart leaped from my chest. I was already crying because I was so happy to see him again, and when he asked me to marry him I was so bewildered and amazed....I am going to be Mrs. Burghardt. 

My dreams have all come true - I will get to marry my best friend. I am so excited! We have already booked our venue on the Outer Banks in Avon, NC at a canal front beach house with beach access, a private pool and jacuzzi, access to a community pool, and a deck overlooking the canal. It is absolutely stunning - and I get to say I got married 2 miles away from the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse! I mean, how many people get to say that?

So, I have a million and one things on my mind regarding this wedding, hopefully moving to MI this time next year, and having everything come together. I need to publish myself a blog spot breaking everything down I need to do like 6 months before, 3 months before, 2 weeks before, etc.
I really also want to figure out a good beauty regimen on a budget.



I DO have a question (no pun intended :p) for any bloggers out there. I've tried doing the research but can't find a real good answer....
Any good way to get rid of black heads without consulting a dermatologist? I've seen the baking soda/water routine...didn't work for me. I've tried proactiv solution but I'm semi-allergic to benzoyl peroxide so  it completely changes the texture of my skin and burns it. 
Any thoughts will be considered and greatly appreciated!!!

-CW


No comments:

Post a Comment