Monday, December 31, 2012

Wedding dress! :)

Okay readers,

So I actually picked out my wedding dress this past Saturday! :) I decided to go with my mom and sister to a shop in Wilmington, NC due to a sample sale I saw going on - couldn't hurt, right? Well, we pulled up to the store and I saw this amazing dress in the window with a gorgeous sparkling belt - ruched top, ball gown bottom :) But NO LACE. I still knew I had to try it on. Let's keep in mind here that I was going to this shop with a certain dress in mind by Mori Lee Style #1862. I discovered that this shop did not have the 1862 Mori Lee gown I wanted, but decided to try on a few gowns anyways. I was really in love with Allure and Mori Lee gowns. This dress was the 2nd or 3rd dress I tried on, and I knew it from the moment I saw myself in the mirror it was THE DRESS! :) After stepping on the podium in front of my mom and sister - I could feel my heart swelling in my chest. I am an avid viewer of TLC's Say Yes To The Dress and have seen quite a few episodes where the bride finds her dress and starts hysterically crying and hugging everyone - mascara running down her face and all. I always wondered if I'd have that moment of instant knowing the dress was THE DRESS. But she put the veil on me - and all I coudl mutter was "Oh Shit..." hahaha. I was water works from there. My mom and I were both crying. I tried on a few dresses after that dress just to make sure it was "the one" because I was so set on wanting a lace mermaid style. And the lace mermaids actually looked pretty good on me - but they were so sexy looking on me (seriously...not trying to toot my own horn haha) and accentuated my curves so well - but it wasn't what I had in mind for a wedding dress. I'm very modest in fact - but the mermaids made my hips come out to play and apparently I've got the perfect pair of hips for one of those dresses! But I didn't want that sexy look - and if my hips weren't so wide for my figure being incredibly petite (think 12 yr old girl) those dresses could have been "the one". But there was something about this dress from the moment I saw it in the window to me putting it on that made me fall in love. Buttons all the way down the back (and not only satin buttons, but sparkly buttons were placed about every 2nd or 3rd button down :), and the ruching with the sweetheart neckline, and most of all the swarovski crystal belt detail. Here's some pictures!





The dress is made of taffeta, and I haven't decided if I will be adding a crinoline skirt underneath to make it poof more or if this will better suit my beach house wedding :)

I would like to add also that this is Allure gown Style #8802. I didn't realize the dress was even Allure until after I'd said YES to the dress haha - sounds good to me!!!

The dress and the veil, purchased at Fountaine Bridal in WIlmington, NC was topped out at around $1200.00.




THE BAD NEWS:

I DID end up getting the dress. The bad part was the dress may not even be in until MAY 2013. My wedding date is June 11, 2013. The sales consultant that helped me find the dress told me that was the latest the dress could be in - but on her online site she saw there were 2 dresses available in size 2 to order that she could possibly get in a few months before May. So, I've already had a million nightmares about the dress coming in AFTER my wedding date :( but the lady is supposed to call me next week to tell me if she could order it now or not be able to get it in before May. Nerve racking!!!!




---UPDATE---

The lady from the store called, my dress comes in at the beginning of next month! So night after night of nightmares (I was seriously waking up with night sweats and rapid heartbeat! Crazy, right??) it finally paid off, and I get to pick up my beauty in a few weeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment