Friday, November 2, 2012

The Balm cosmetics review - 4 days.

Hello beauties!

So, as you may know I've recently received my "The Balm" cosmetics and have now had a good 4 days run with them! So, I'm gonna review it again having actually applied the products ;) and share my pros and cons of each. 

First, the tinted moisturizer "Balm Shelter" in Light with SPF 18.

Here's a cheek swatch of my face BEFORE applying Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer:
Note: It's ALMOOOOOST that time of the month :( so I'm breaking out a little on my chin area but the rest of those lovely marks are my beautiful freckles! It's a love hate thing, but mostly love :).

Now, here's my face AFTER the tinted moisturizer:
Okay, now granted I could NOT get the same lighting as before so forgive me for that.


BALM SHELTER PROS:
-Pleasant smell
-Very moisturizing without any greasy feeling
-Smooth consistency
-Very natural application and blending
-Removed extreme areas of redness
-Evened my complexion
-SPF

Cons:
-"Light" is very "Pale" haha


Overview:
-Personally, I might try the next shade in Light/Medium just because I'm not used to looking so pale! So to me it doesn't seem so "tinited" but maybe that's because it's just about the same shade as my poor pale skin it just takes any redness out which also takes any color from my face! But I absolutely love their formula. I feel like I'm doing my skin more good than anything by applying this. Also something to consider if that face I may be evening out my complexion by erasing reds, but I'm also applying blush later on (as you'll see) so maybe it's not sooooo bad.


Next up is the bronzer, Bahama Mama!

Now I didn't have great lighting for this picture so I'm not including it. But i really loved this, I felt like it really added a warm glow to my face without making me look "dirty". There IS a way however, to apply too much so beware! I usually sticl to brushing against it with my bronzer brush from eoctools ONCE, and them applying it to my face using that "3" rule. Next, I blend it in so it's more natural looking. 

Bahama Mama Pros:
-Makes your skin glow
-Mostly matte
-Cost effective

Cons:
-Easy for first timers to apply too much

Overview:
Great choice for my first bronzer I must say! Very pleased.


Next is Blush! I have two from The Balm. 
1) Hot Mama
2) Down Boy

I love both of these blushes, but I have to say my favorite has got to be Down Boy - it is such a princess pink and makes me feel very girly. Down Boy is a little more noticeable on the cheek than Hot Mama, which just adds a rosy blush color to your cheeks. I adore both, but love the way Down Boy compliments the rest of my face and makeup in such a way. It's very charming and the packaging is adorable. I have no cons to either of these blushes. I believe Hot Mama will be used for more subtle days on my face however.



This is me after all my makeup is applied, I'm wearing (just a teeny bit) Bahama Mama bronzer and my Down Boy blush. I've included a picture with my hair up also so you can see my face better.

I freaking love this, but really want to try getting a little braver with my bronzer. 



Thanks for reading, and make sure you check back with me soon - I'll be reviewing 2 new products I've purchased today (Not Your Mother's products haha) super exciting!

-CW

No comments:

Post a Comment