Friday, November 2, 2012

Eyebrow Tutorial Finally!

Okay, so instead of just the "finished" eyebrow picture I had up here....I decided to bare it all, and go through my "before" picture until my "finished" brow picture. That way, you can see how exactly everything comes together step-by step. Now, this WAS before I did the rest of my makeup because it's generally my biggest insecurity and irks me to even look at in the mirror when I wake up, so my brows come first! Here goes!

Okay, so here are my eyebrows without any lick of makeup....


So, you can tell they're a little beat up from my trimming incident! And obviously, everything I've been doing to grow them back is starting to work, but my hairs have always been very light blonde to ash brown in the brow department. So they might get darker, we'll just have to see!

Now, the first thing I do is use an eyebrow pencil to make fake hair marks and sketch out the shape of my eyebrows. I do NOT outline, because that looks cheesy. I more so trace the tiny visible blonde hairs you can see in this photo above to make them darker, and keep going the length of the eyebrow shape I'm wanting so it has the appearance of real hairs.

Here's the result:

At this point, I'm not aiming for perfection, or trying to fill them in - just create a shape for my brows and imitate hairs so they don't look so DRAWN ON!.Here's where you can stop if this is enough for you....but I need to fill mine out a little more, because they still look really "spacey" to me. So, I use some eyebrow shadow to fill them in. 


In my opinion, this makes them more realistic and look fuller. 
Lastly, I use my ELF Treat & Tame to lighten them up a couple shades and create a good "brushed" brow look. 
So Here's the finished product all cleaned up:

You never would have known they really look like the FIRST picture, right? haha crazy. I have written at least one other post about my eyebrow tutorial and listed the products I use step by step WITHOUT pictures. But at the very end I'll go ahead and list them for you in case you're eager to try this at home with yours!




So, that's it as far as eyebrows go! 



Products used in this tutorial:
-Eye Brow Pencil:    Physician's Formula Eyebrow Pencil in Beige-Brown.
-Eyebrow Shadow:  Wet & Wild Ultime Eyebrow Kit in Ash Brown
-ELF Treat & Tame for Eyebrows
Thanks for reading!!!
-CW

No comments:

Post a Comment