Monday, December 31, 2012

The Beauty Regimen Begins...

Hello lovelies!!

I'm starting my beauty regimen for my wedding! Here's a little run down on the areas of my body I'm focusing on so far, and what exactly it is I'm doing to get myself in tip-top shape for the big day! I've organized these into categories for easier reading :)


  1. Teeth!
    • Whitening trays and bleach at home 
      • thank you dental job ;)
  2. Face!
    • Cleanse face everyday (wearing makeup or not)
      • I am going to stick to my usual face cleanser by Neutrogena  
    • Use a microdermabrasion product twice a week
      • I'm going to use Skinn's Dermappeal Therm-enzymatic Microdermabrasion Treatment (Aluminum Oxide free!) So keep your eyes out for a personal review on my blog... (picture credit from Google search images)
    • Use baking soda/H2O mix to wash face on days in between microdermabrasion tx at home.
    • Apply Proactiv toner (the blue one) on my nose to keep blackheads at bay
    • Apply moisturizer every morning prior to makeup application
      • This will be extremely important for my face because of all the treatments I'm doing that will cause my face to dry and peel.
  3. Skin
    • Apply coconut oil to skin every other night
      • This way, my skin stays moisturized and will look fresh and dewy the day of my wedding :) It's also healthy to keep skin moisturized period!
    • Drink lots of water!
      • I've even purchased some Mio to help me get used to drinking more liquids throughout the day.
  4. Hair
    • Apply henna if dyeing hair at all
      • If you haven't read my blog before, you might be wondering what I'm talking about. But I am a advocate of henna hair dye (all natural henna, that is).
    • Do once weekly coconut oil treatments in hair overnight
      • Simple instructions....
        1. Spoon out a quarter size amount of coconut oil into hands
        2. Rub oil between hands to warm the oil from it's Crisco-like form to liquid
        3. Quickly apply to hair roots to ends, focusing on the lengths of your hair
        4. Cover with a shower cap for overnight conditioning once hair is fully saturated with oil.
    • Start using a leave-in moisturizer and dry shampoo
      • This will help me reduce split ends from appearing and help me to keep from damaging my hair by washing it too much.
    • Take B vitamins to encourage healthy hair growth
      • I have ordered both Biotin and Maxi-Hair from Amazon.com based on their reviews.
        • Biotin -- Supports healthy hair and nails, in addition to energy production
        • Maxi-Hair -- time release formula that provides nourishment for hair, skin, and nails
  5. Eyebrows
    1. Apply Rogaine (minoxidil) @ 1/2 capful to eyebrows nightly 
    2. Only pluck hairs that are out of place from eyebrow line
    3. Trim hairs when they become long to keep them neat.
  6. Body
    1. Here's where I tell you I'm going to work out endlessly to get my body into shape....HA. How about the truth? I just ate an entire box of ferrero rocher chocolates.....so how about tomorrow :)




Thanks for reading lovelies - and if you have any advice to share or YOUR beauty regimen/blog I'd love for you to share!! 

-CW

No comments:

Post a Comment