Friday, January 11, 2013

BEAUTY HAUL! 1-11-13

Hello lovelies!


I sure wish you all would start commenting, I'm getting some HUGE page views but no one likes to share :(. In case you didn't know, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts, experiences, etc. on my blog or similar/same products and what not from my blog. Okay, I'm done scolding! Onto my beauty haul!



I went on sephora today to do some online "window" shopping. I decided to go ahead and pick up some products since my beauty routine needs a little revamping! Here's all the products I purchased today:



1) Urban Decay Naked2 Pallette -- YES! I finally splurged on it - I've been eyeing it since it first came out, and have been trying to make do with the Balm's Nude 'Tude eyeshadow pallette. *Don't get me wrong, I love the Balm - but I really love the shades in Naked2 and want to try it out. There's no way I won't love it. 



2) Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original -- I am finding out that I actually need something to make this shadow stick to my lids, especially while I'm working. 


3) NARS bronzing powder in Laguna -- okay, so I'm on a splurge-FEST. I currently have Bahama Mama by the Balm, which I adore. But I've heard such rave reviews on this that I really want to try it.


3) NARS Blush in Deep Throat -- Hopefully my finance never learns the name of this blush because it will be endless joking every morning! *I actually found that my the Balm blush in Down Boy was VERY pink to everyone else, almost clown like, while the Hot Mama was very sheer and peachy (more for an olive complexion maybe?). So I can't wait to try this oh so lovely reviewed blush!!


4) Sephora Collection Classic Contour Bronzer/Blush Brush #43 -- I read the reviews on Sephora's website and chose this brush for both my bronzer and blush, hopefully it pays off! *My kabuki brush by the Balm seems to work fine but applies a little more at a time than necessary. Then again, I'll find any excuse to revamp my beauty routine! :p


5) AmorePacific Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer SPF 15 -- This was my MOST EXPENSIVE purchase, but it was a bestseller from sephora and top rated as well, with lovely reviews to compliment it. It retails at about $70 but I've heard a little goes a long ways. 

*My current tinted moisturizer is with the Balm -- works fine, but doesn't hide any of my recent break outs or blackheads on my nose! It actually makes the black part of my black heads look a cream color, and doesn't do anything for the outline of them. Sounds weird, right? If you get close to my face at all you can see it bad. :( 

*I think I really wanted to like the Balm due to the fair pricing!! But the more I use them, the more I feel they aren't exactly what my skin needs or what I'm looking for. I still have a bunch of their products left over so in case any of these new items I've purchased flakes I still have some backup :). 


That was it for what I paid for, but for every qualifying dollar you spend, you get 1 dollar for 1 point towards other products (seeing that you are a Beauty insider -FREE- with Sephora!). I had about 238 points to spend. I chose two products:


1)Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hr Primer Broad Spectrum 30 SPF  -- I thought this would be cool to try since I've heard a little about Tarte and their awesomeness?

2) Blinc Mascara -- I reviewed the reviews on Amazon since everyone is pretty honest and open there, and found this product had some good compliments. Why not?
I have also just purchased the Clairsonic Mia2 in light pink - I want to try it so bad, it's going to be my birthday present to myself :). It's about 135.00 on amazon :)
As far as hair goes, I bought the Bellezza (sp?) hair straightener on Amazon to replace my 2 year old Chi. I received it a week ago and I love it already! You can change the temperature, which is a huge plus :) I was so used to my Chi and just turning the button to "on" - it's great to be able to adjust the temperature for my hair now :). It also get as hot as 450 degrees, so I'm on the hunt for a good heat protectant spray.

So, I'm totally excited about getting them all! I should get them by Wednesday with the 3-day free shipping! Has anyone else tried these products that is reading? 

Thanks for reading :) Reviews to follow!

-CW


*Note: I am in no way compensated for any reviews, comments, etc. regarding any of the products shown in this post or blog. I am responsible for the opinions displayed and assure my readers they are of genuine nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment